Thursday, June 20, 2019

Rear-view Mirror


 "My Third-Eye - Rear-View Mirror"

I have a small rear-view mirror mounted on my bi-cycle handle as I am very apprehensive when it comes to taking a turn or crossing a road while riding my bike. I bought the this piece of accessory keeping in mind its only utility, i.e. to look at the rear traffic while riding and crossing roads. But that is not the only purpose this piece of item has served for me. In my riding experience with it for last 1 year; since the time I bought it; has it not only served the purpose of an extra eye but has taken over this role of a third eye.

"The End Of Business Hours"

This eye has shown me countless number of sunsets setting at my back, numerous contours of sky, captured plethora of birds flying in its view and caught many trees as if they were all trying to get featured on this tiny reflective surface. You must be thinking why am I writing an entire post on such a trifling piece of item which has almost no value in the cycling sport. The answer to that question is: for me cycling is not just a sport but an aesthetic experience. It is like a double-edged sword. It helps me in being close to nature and at the same time helps me in keeping fit. And let me tell you, this one piece of attachment in the form of rear-view mirror has transformed this experience. From time to time looking at this rear-view mirror and the contents of nature coming in and going out has become a cardinal part of my everyday cycling routine.

"Here I am On The Road Again..." 

"A Perfect Combination: That Glorious Sun Amongst The Clouds"

Sometimes just by looking at these images on my rear-view mirror, I simply stop, absorb the sky, the clouds, the birds, sun, moon, and the nature, take a picture; if I feel like it; and move on. I will share some of the pictures I took because I was being stopped and told to do so by this magic mirror. Also on the surface of this reflector, every image changes every second, constantly reminding me of the value of impermanence. When I get cruising because of a tail-wind or downhill slope, it serves as a reminder for me that: this too shall pass and advises not to get carried away because the opposite situation is also in store and will come. Sometimes, when I am struggling with pain, storms, headwinds, or uphill climbs, this mirror with its changing imagery serves as a constant reminder that this too will change and helps me to get through those tough phases.   



"Cloudy: Sometimes Not So Clear and A Loner Bird"

No comments:

Post a Comment